On-Campus Employment

On-Campus Employment

Current Wellesley students in F-1 and J-1 status who are maintaining valid status may be eligible for on-campus employmentOn-campus employment is limited to less than 20 hours/week while school is in session and can be full-time during official college breaks.

All international students who are employed in the U.S. will be subject to state and federal taxes. Please see the section on Taxes for more information.

Please note that guidelines have changed due to COVID-19, we recommend to review the on-campus employment instructions below for updated guidance. Please contact the Slater International Center, if you have any questions slatercenter@wellesley.edu.

Please note that MIT work is not considered on-campus employment. In order to work at MIT on a UROP, you must be pre-authorized for CPT by Slater before you begin employment.



1. Find an On-Campus Job
  • Log on to Workday with your Wellesley credentials
  • Click the Career Worklet on the Homepage
  • Click “Find Jobs for Students
  • The list of on-campus jobs is displayed from newest post-date to oldest post-date.  Using the search bar under “Find Jobs for Students” you can search for keywords or a specific position.
  • On the left hand side of the screen you can also search by Hiring Manager or Organization.

In addition, many students find jobs through contacts with faculty members, administrators, other students, Dining Services, or the Campus Bookstore.

If you have any questions about this step please contact Human Resources at 781-283-2211, or studentemployment@wellesley.edu.

2. Get a Social Security Number

If you already have a social security number skip this step and go to step 3.

If you do not have a social security number, please check Applying for a Social Security Number.

3. After You Have Applied for A Social Security Number

After you have applied for a social security number, you will receive a receipt for your application while they are processing your Social Security Card. Please email Human Resources Student Employment Office at studentemployment@wellesley.edu the receipt and let them know that you have completed the SS number application and are ready to complete your onboarding.

If you have any questions about this step, please contact Human Resources at 781-283-2211, or studentemployment@wellesley.edu.

4. Complete the Online Tax Information Questionnaire
  • Check your email for an email from the Controllers Office with the subject line, "Working and Receiving Aid"
    • If you cannot find this email, email Kara Geraci (kgeraci@wellesley.edu) to request a FINIS On-Line Tax Questionnaire
  • Complete and submit the FNIS On-Line Tax Questionnaire
  • Schedule a meeting with Dorothy Koulalis (dkoulali@wellesley.edu), in the Controller’s Office to review and verify your tax information
  • Understand that you will be taxed on your income and that you will need to file the appropriate tax documents.

If you have questions about this step contact Kara GeraciController’s Office at kgeraci@wellesley.edu.

5. Upload your SSN to Workday

Once you have received your Social Security card, upload your Social Security Number to Workday using these instructions. Keep your SSN card safe, it is an official U.S. document and the number is yours for life.

If you have any questions about this step please contact Human Resources at 781-283-2211, or studentemployment@wellesley.edu.