Some students complete all the requirements for the degree in fewer than the usual eight semesters.

After one semester at Wellesley, students who wish to accelerate should consult their class dean about petitioning to fulfill the requirements in less than the normal period of time.

The petition should include the month and year in which the degree requirements will be fulfilled, and all units that will be counted toward the degree.

An accelerating student must maintain at least a C average at all times.

International students in non-immigrant visa status (F-1 or J-1) are usually given four years to complete an undergraduate degree. If a student will complete her studies before the date specified on her immigration document she must contact the International Student & Scholar Advisor to request an updated immigration document with the correct completion date. Please see the information regarding immigration regulations for international students here or contact the International Student & Scholar Advisor at for more information.