Cross-Registration with Olin College

Wellesley College students may cross-register for courses at Olin College of Engineering, and all courses have been pre-approved for transfer credit to Wellesley. Please follow the instructions below.

Cross-Registration Process

  1. Complete the on-line Olin Cross-Registration Form. When you click the "Submit" button, the form will be sent to the Wellesley College Registrar's Office. When the course is approved by the Wellesley College Registrar's Office, the information will be forwarded to the Olin Registrar's Office. Wellesley College students can cross-register for one academic credit earning course per semester (effective Fall 2020).
  2. The Registrar’s Office at Olin will register you for the requested course(s) providing there is space and will subsequently notify you and the Wellesley Registrar’s Office of your registration status.
  3. Fill out a Transfer of Credit form for any course you wish to apply towards a Major, Minor or distribution requirement. Once the form is submitted, it will be sent to the appropriate Academic Department for evaluation.

The form is available via MyWellesley >> Administrivia >> Transfer of Credit Requests & Approval

Transfer of Credit

All Olin courses have been pre-approved for transfer credit, however, students must fill out Transfer of Credit forms for courses which they wish to apply towards a Major, Minor or distribution requirement.

When the Wellesley Registrar’s Office receives final grade(s) from Olin College, the transfer credit will be awarded if the course(s) were completed with a grade of “C” or higher. The course(s) will appear on the Wellesley transcript with a “TR” grade which means that the credit will be applied toward the degree but that the actual letter grade(s) earned will not appear on the Wellesley transcript and will not be included in the calculation of the cumulative GPA. As with all transfer work, the course(s) must be taken for a letter grade at Olin.


The Wellesley-Olin Shuttle Schedule can be found at http://www.wellesley.edu/housingtransp/transportation/shuttlebuses#bow

You may wish to view the information about Zip Cars at the following link: http://www.zipcar.com/universities/wellesley-college


Cross registered students may eat meals at the Olin Campus Center Dining Hall. Please present your Wellesley ID Card at the entrance.

Helpful Links

Student Accounts and Record Center