Cross-Registration with Brandeis University

Brandeis operates on a different yearly academic calendar than Wellesley College. For accurate dates for the academic year, please consult the Brandeis Academic Calendar. Course selection may be found in the Brandeis Course Bulletin.

Academic Calendars for Exchange Schools (Wellesley, MIT, Babson, Brandeis and Olin)

The Fall term presents fewer conflicts for Wellesley students than the Spring term, which for Brandeis students begins and finishes a week earlier (with a different vacation schedule). Students must agree to meet classes at the normal time if they desire to participate in the program. Some students may have to return to Wellesley a week earlier in January.

Cross-Registration Process

  1. Complete the on-line Brandeis Cross-Registration Form. When you click the "Submit" button, the form will be sent to the Wellesley College Registrar's Office. When the course is approved by the Registrar's Office and you have a submitted and approved transfer of credit request (see step 3), the information will be forwarded to the Brandeis Registrar's Office. Wellesley College students can cross-register for one academic credit earning course per semester (effective Fall 2020).
  2. The Brandeis Registrar’s Office will receive the form, will register you for the requested course(s), and the Wellesley Registrar’s Office will subsequently inform you of your registration status.
  3. Fill out a Transfer of Credit Form for each class you plan to take at Brandeis. Once the form is submitted, it will be sent to the appropriate Academic Department for evaluation.

The form is available via MyWellesley >> Administrivia >> Transfer of Credit Requests & Approval

Each college reserves the right to close any course or give first priority to its own students where enrollments are limited. Wellesley students may not enroll in either independent study or directed reading courses at Brandeis.

Transfer of Credit

All Brandeis courses must be approved individually for Transfer Credit and for the Major by the relevant Wellesley College Academic Department, and approval forms must be filed with the Wellesley Registrar, as indicated above. For approved courses completed with a grade of "C" or above, credit will be posted to the student's record. The course(s) will appear on the Wellesley transcript with a “TR” grade which means that the credit will be applied toward the degree but that the actual letter grade(s) earned will not appear on the Wellesley transcript and will not be included in the calculation of the cumulative GPA. As with all transfer work, the course(s) must be taken for a letter grade at Brandeis.

The courses/departments listed below have already been approved for credit and the following distributions:

Economics 12A - Accounting - college credit only, no distribution credit
Economics 71 and 141 - SBS distribution
English courses - LL distribution
Fine Arts Courses - ARS distribution
Sociology courses - SBA distribution

Dropping and Adding Courses

Students who wish to drop a course may do so up to the 40th day of instruction without academic penalty provided that they adhere to the constraints of rate-of-work. In such cases, a program change form must be submitted to the Office of the University Registrar (Brandeis Bulletin).


By showing your Wellesley ID, you may use the Brandeis libraries on the same basis as Brandeis students.

Transportation & Parking

You may wish to view the information about Zip Cars at the following link:

Parking Officials at Brandeis will honor Wellesley parking decals.